Though dairy is not exactly your friend when you have a thyroid condition, the only butter(s) you want to use are on a short list.
Your butter must be nutritious and healthy, not causing you more problems.
WHAT DOES “NUTRITIOUS” MEAN?
- Your butter should contain no growth hormones, antibiotics, harmful pesticides, GMOs and other toxins – that were fed to the cows that gave the milk to make the butter.
- Your butter should not be man-made – a chemical vat of disease causing chaos for your body and brain.
- Margarine is not butter.
- Any food that is not butter, is not butter!
- Foods (butter) that are not really a “food” will confuse your body and create inflammation. Inflammation creates disease.
THE DON’T BUY LIST
- Any “butter” that is not organic.
- Any “butter substitute” that is advertised to “taste” just like it! NO!
- Butter products in plastic containers. Or, at least get them out of the plastic and into glass upon bringing home.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE MOST NUTRITIOUS BUTTER FOR YOUR BODY
Organic means no man-made chemicals, pesticides, growth hormones, etc. Check your local grocery store and health food markets for “organic” butter.
Note: All company’s are not great at “doing no harm” in the food manufacturing business. Example: Horizon brand is owned by Dean Foods (the same company that owns Land O’Lakes). The Cornucopia Institute has filed complaints for labeling their product organic while maintaining factory farm production methods.
Grains, like corn and wheat, fed to cows, are mostly GMO’d – Genetically Modified, i.e., not good for anyone. So, cows raised on grains/GMOs, are of course less healthy for us than grass-fed, or pastured raised cows.
Extra bonus: The highest amounts of the most beneficial CLA and Omega 3 fatty acids naturally come from grass-fed cows. Also grass-fed cows produce butter with 50 percent more vitamin A and E and 400 percent more beta carotene (which gives the grass-fed butter a deeper yellow color).
Kerrygold is a good brand from Ireland.
You can make your own ghee, but check the organic butter section in your health food store for more than one option.
What is ghee?
- It is clarified butter where all the proteins, milk solids and lactose is removed.
- This process makes the butter more digestible, concentrated with nutrients and really great for immunity building.
- Ghee does not need to be refrigerated, it can stay on the counter for a few months without going bad.
- People with dairy allergies or sensitives often do alright consuming this type of butter.
PICK THE BEST BUTTERS
Whichever you buy, stick to the best and organic choices over conventional butter to lessen your exposure to pesticides, hormones, antibiotics, GMOs and more “additive” toxins that will create overwhelming chaos in your thyroid, body and hormone receptors.
Do not buy butter mixes with labels like “with olive oil” which usually include GMO ingredients like soybean, corn or canola oil and other questionable additives in them too.
HOW TO SKIP BUTTER ALL TOGETHER
Choose 100%/organic coconut oil, coconut manna (butter), olive oil, red palm oil or hemp oil instead.
DO YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE TO EAT OR NOT EAT TO HEAL YOUR THYROID CONDITION?
If you don’t know how to eat to help heal your thyroid, order my Get Your Life Back manual with the Thyroid Health Reset Diet and get started immediately!
Source: FoodBabe.com and others.