Garlic is a species of the onion family. Its close relatives include the onion, shallot, leek, and chive, all extremely good for you!
ANTIOXIDANT and OTHER NUTRIENTS
Health benefits of garlic have been studied for a long time. They are abundant in antioxidant nutrients.
Garlic also contains enzymes, calcium, copper, iron, manganese, phosphorus, potassium and selenium. Vitamins in garlic include vitamin A, vitamin B1 (thiamine), vitamin B2 (riboflavin), vitamin B6 and vitamin C.
Garlic contains dozens of bioflavonoids, more than 80 sulfur-containing compounds, and many other beneficial compounds that have never been identified.
GARLIC IS A HELPER TO OTHER ANTIOXIDANTS
Garlic gives other antioxidants a boost because it’s rich in selenium. It therefore helps to boost the effectiveness of the network antioxidants — vitamin C, vitamin E, glutathione, lipoic acid and coenzyme Q-10. Selenium packs a big punch for something categorized as a micronutrient.
CHECK OUT THIS LIST OF HEALTH BENEFITS FROM GARLIC
• fights bacterial infections
• boosts immune system
• balances blood sugar
• prevents the oxidation of cholesterol
• lowers blood cholesterol levels
• assists in fat metabolism – it increases breakdowns of lipids and enhances elimination of fat from the body.
• reduces high blood pressure
• useful in treating digestive conditions
• exhibits powerful anti-cancer properties
• provides relief from rheumatism
• helps disease and circulatory problems (eat garlic, forget aspirin!! – but check with your doctor first. ) Multiple scientific studies have demonstrated powerful garlic health benefits that can prevent heart disease. Garlic reduces free radicals that cause the oxidation of cholesterol and cell membrane damage, the real cause of arteriosclerosis and heart disease. Studies suggest that garlic prevents buildup of plaque in arteries, and may even reduce it. In Germany, garlic supplements are licensed as drugs for the treatment of arteriosclerosis.
WOW! SO, ARE YOU EATING YOUR GARLIC?
Eating organic is best of course, but eat garlic no matter what!
You can eat it fresh in salads, dressings and in meats and all foods somewhere!
You can take it as a liquid pill or other form if you don’t want the odor of garlic on your breath.
Eat your garlic!